Belkin routers are very popular around the world. If you have a Belkin router, you will have to know how to access the admin panel of the router in order to make changes to your network.
It’s very easy to access the Belkin control panel as there’s no administrator name required and the default admin password is blank.
But you may need to change the administrator password for network safety or change the WiFi name/password often.
Belkin Router Login
- Connect your computer to the Belkin router via an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and visit 192.168.2.1
- Click on Login.
- Keep the password field blank if you haven’t changed it manually.
- Press the Submit button to log in.
But using the default blank password is a security risk. Because anyone connected to the router via a wired/wireless network will be able to manipulate the network settings.
It’s better to use an administrator password that only you will know.
Change Administrator Password of Belkin Router
- Connect your computer with your router using a LAN cable.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit 192.168.2.1 and tap on Login.
- Enter current password and press Submit.
- Scroll down and under Utilities, click on System settings.
- Enter your current password, if you haven’t changed it before, keep it blank.
- Enter new password, confirm new password.
- Then press Apply Changes button.
Change Belkin WiFi Name & Password
Most people use the WiFi name given by their ISPs. But I change my WiFi name often. Sometimes I change the password too.
But it’s not possible to change the wifi name/password if you don’t have the administrator password. So, make sure you know the login password.
- Connect a computer with the router using an ethernet cable.
- Open a browser and visit 192.168.2.1
- Click Login.
- Enter your administrator password. (Default password is blank.)
- Click Submit to login.
- Under Wireless section, clcik on Channel and SSID.
- In the SSID field, enter your desired WiFi name.
- Click on Apply changes to save your WiFi name.
- Now click on Security under Wireless.
- Click Allowed client type and select WPA™/WPA2™ as preferred mdoe.
- Enter your password in Password(PSK) field.
- Click Apply changes.
Now all previously connected device to your Wireless network will be disconncetd.
Reset Belkin router
Sometimes our routers don’t work properly. Sometimes we can forget our administrator password.
In such scenario, we can reset our belkin router. Because when we reset a router, all changes are reverted to the original settings.
The administrator password will be set back to blank, the WiFi name and password will also be the default ones labeled at the bottom side of the router.
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Take a pin and press the reset button for nearly 20 seconds.
- The LEDs will blink and the router will reboot.
- Now connect a computer and connect it to the router using a LAN cable.
- Open a browser and visit 192.168.2.1 to set it up again.
Belikin router offers one of the easiest control panel designs. If you know the login IP and administrator password, you can control your network easily.