Inspect elements known as Developer tools is available on all modern web browsers. Using the feature, you can tweak the elements of a web page.
Such as, by inspecting elements on Discord, you can change your username, any message, or server name for fun.
But here’s the limitation of inspect element:
- The changes are only visible to you. Anyone else will see the original element.
- Once you reload the page, changes made through inspect elements will disappear.
You can use inspect element for fun. But remember, many people use Inspect Element to scam other people who don’t have enough knowledge about it/
How to Inspect Element on Discord
If you are new to inspecting elements then you may not know that it’s only possible to use this feature on a web browser.
Discord app for mobile or computer doesn’t have developer tools for inspecting elements.
So, I will use a web browser in this tutorial. I prefer Google Chrome, but you can also use Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Here are the steps to inspect elements on Discord:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit the Discord Login page.
- Login using email & password or via QR code.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I at the same time to open developer tools.
- Now click on the Selector icon and select the element on the Discord website. Every word you see on the screen is an element.
- Or, press Ctrl + Shift + C and click on the element you want to change.
- Double-click on the text you want to change. After editing the element, press Enter and the changes will be shown on your screen.
- Now you can close the Developer tools so that the screen looks like the original when you take a screenshot.
Change the Discord username/message using inspect element
Now that you know the generalized use of inspect element on discord, let me show you how to use it for a specific purpose:
I assume you are already logged in to your discord account on a web browser. If you aren’t logged in, visit Discord and log in.
From the left sidebar, click on the Server where you want to edit the elements.
Now select a text channel of that server that is active and there are some messages you want to modify.
Press the Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time and select the message you want to edit.
Double-click on the message content on the developer tools. Edit the message as you want and press Enter.
Or, if you want to change the username of the sender, click on the username. It will highlight the username on developer tools.
Double-click on the username and modify the username. Then press Enter.
Finally, close the Developer tools from the sidebar so the screenshot you will take looks authentic.
It’s okay to prank one of your friends using inspect element. But don’t use a fake screenshot for other purposes.