Netis is a budget-friendly router company. I also have a netis router at home. It’s easy to control the router when you know the basics.
Once you have the login IP of your netis router, you can control your whole network. Because by default, the control panel is not protected with any username & password.
In this article, you will learn how to properly control a netis router.
Netis Router Login
- Connect your computer to the router via a LAN cable.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit 192.168.1.1
- If you added a username and password, enter them in the pop-up to access the control panel. Or else, it will take you directly to the control panel.
Netis Router Administrator Username and Password
By default, there’s no username and password. You can access the control panel by accessing the login IP address.
But it’s not secure at all. You should always secure your router admin panel. Here’s how to set up a login username and password on a netis router.
- Connect to your network via WiFi or LAN cable.
- Visit 192.168.1.1 and log in with your current username and password if required.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on System tools.
- From the left sidebar, click on Password.
- If you are using default settings, you won’t have to enter your current username and password, as there aren’t any.
- Enter a new username.
- Enter the password and confirm the password.
- Click Save.
Netis Router WiFi Name and Password
Whenever a nice name comes to mind, it goes straight to my WiFi SSID. But you can’t do it if you don’t know how to change the WiFi name.
Note: Every time you change the name or password of your wireless network, all previously connected devices will be disconnected from the network.
- Connect a PC to the router via a LAN cable.
- Open a browser and visit 192.168.1.1
- If there’s a username and password prompt, enter them. Or it will take you to the control panel.
- Click Advanced from the top right.
- Click on Wireless from the left sidebar.
- In the SSID field, enter the new WiFi name.
- In the Password field, enter your new password.
- Click Save.
Reset Netis Router
You must learn how to reset a router if you want to tweak the settings. Because if you lose the login username or password, or misconfigure the router, you can reset the router to the default settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- Power up the router.
- Press the Reset button on the back side of the router.
- Hold it for a while until the LEDs blink and the router reboots.